Thursday, March 6, 2014

29 Days | Got Dreams?


Yesterday, as I was feeding Ashlyn breakfast, I was inspired to look through a magazine laying on the table for vision board-worthy sayings. So, I started perusing and found a few; one of which I want to share with you here. We all have dreams, right? But, sometimes they seem so difficult to achieve, so here are some strategies to consider.

Strategies for Success, offered by Jennifer Adams:

1. Be Persistent. Don't let the word "no" get in the way. No only means "not today."

2. Don't procrastinate. Accomplish what you hate most on your to-do list first.

3. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Find good mentors. Adams credits much of her business savvy to mentors.

4. Go with your gut. "When I've avoided my gut, I've always been wrong," She says.

5. Surround yourself with good people and delegate. Adams has worn every hat in her company, but her business took off once she delegated. "If anyone says I've done anything great," she says, "it's always because of all the people around me."

6. Give back and help others. Adams' company is actively involved with Self Enhancement Inc. (SEI), a Portland, Oregon-based non-profit dedicated to helping at-risk youths realize their potential. Adams donates products and her time, and hires an SEI intern each quarter.

7. Find balance. Adams says balance is a struggle, but she practices yoga and meditates for 20 minutes each day to calm her mind. She says, "All of the challenges that seem insurmountable suddenly become crystal clear during my meditation time."

For that last strategy, maybe your quiet time will look different, but I think the concept of having time to think and process what you need to do that day is highly beneficial to your mental health and success at reaching that dream!

Want to share what your dream is, here on this blog?? We would love to hear about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment