Saturday, February 8, 2014

53 Days | We are NOT Losers!



Maybe you have seen the recent controversy over the Biggest Loser.  I didn't watch it, but apparently the winner, Rachel, came out weighing a gaunt 105 pounds at the finale...too low to be healthy.  It's been cause for a lot of great discussion on the internet.  

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" Well, maybe?  But at what point is it not about "being skinny?"  Skinny does not equal healthy.

I read a blog written by a dear girl named Nicole.  I appreciate her honesty.  And I think most of you will relate to her thinking.

People will say to you, "You're getting too skinny!  When are you going to stop?"  People were saying that to me at 190 pounds--a huge 50 pounds over my healthy weight.  Be discerning, Friends.  And knowledgable.  Know what healthy is.  Concern yourself for what healthy looks like.  How healthy feels.  What healthy people do.  Not skinny people--HEALTHY people.

Check the links on the side of this blog for a lot of wonderful resources.  I'm sure glad you're here!

Big Hips | Little Hips: Don't Break My Heart by Nicole





1 comment:

  1. Be discerning. Be knowledgeable. Good words! I struggle with this concept and need to focus more on how healthy feels. I am in the high range for a healthy weight on the charts but am not satisfied...and truly don't know if I should be or not. Learning...

    ReplyDelete