Tuesday, January 28, 2014

64 Days | No More Numbing


*Listing the disclaimer up front.  I often post faith-based posts.  This is not one of those posts.  There is some colorful language in this video and there is even some principles that some of you will struggle with.  However, I believe you'll miss something critical, if you don't watch this because of any of those reasons.  For me, this is one of the first things I've personally watched that has helped me understand why I gravitate toward food when I am overwhelmed.  I'd love to know what you think.

What do you believe about love and belonging?

What do you believe about fear and shame?

Have you ever gravitated toward food, drink or spending to numb pain, shame or vulnerability?

This will be 20 minutes of your time, but I found it worth it:


Whatever you believe forms you.

Authenticity, vulnerability, connection, courage...

What makes you vulnerable, makes you beautiful.  It's necessary to breathe through the dark times, the risky times...

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

Can we be done numbing our pain yet?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Need to watch this several more times, I think...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what got me:
    Love with our whole hearts even when there's no guarantee. Oh, this is challenging for me.

    Practice gratitude and joy even in the most terrifying moments - being grateful that I'm vulnerable because that means I'm alive.- Yikes!

    Her statement that I'm enough makes sense, except, for me being a child of God is enough! Realizing who I am as His child can allow me to "stop screaming and start listening...to be kinder and gentler to those around us."

    ReplyDelete