Friday, January 3, 2014

89 Days | Fitness Can Be Fun!

This is me in May 2013--after losing over 100 pounds, doing something I had always dreamed of doing but never actually believed I would!

As you're considering what to do for activity, think about what it is that you might really love and enjoy.  What are the priorities in your life?  I don't mean what demands your time.  I mean, what is important to YOU.


Maybe you don't know, because it's been so long since you've thought about YOU!


Here's an idea for how to find out what you love and what you want...


Write a letter imagining it is already Christmas 2014.  What do you want to accomplish this year?  Dream a little!  My letter is all about family, but yours may be about something else.  If you want to read mine, I posted it here.


Involve your kids, your spouse, your dog...or be alone if that's what you need.  But DO something!


Last year in my dream letter I said that Dan & I did the Color Run in November.  Health issues prevented me from doing it, so guess what...we didn't give up on the dream.  We're doing it in May.  And hopefully with a lot of you.  If joining us in Hershey, PA, for the Color Run will motivate you to improve your activity, then please join us!  (Or join the Color Run in your area...or another 5K!)


Our team is called Stop.Challenge.Choose.  The password to register with us is WayneScott

The link for the run will remain under the Healthy Resources.

Wanna read about how being active changed made my husband's dreams come true?  Read here.


This journey is never just about you--even though it's YOURS.  The people whose lives you'll touch will be profound.  Keep on walking...


Today's Challenge:

What is your plan for activity?
How will you track it?
Does your plan revolve around what matters most to you?

Also, if you haven't sent in your starting weight--go for it!  Hope and I are here to help. 

11 comments:

  1. My dream is run a 5K; actually I want to run 50K (Ten 5Ks) before I am 50 in September. I started my training program yesterday (Couch to 5K) and registered for the Color Run 5K. I can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream is to jog/ walk to my friend's house from my house and back with in a year. She lives 3.5 miles from my house. her name is Beth Novak and she is a RUNNER! her legs are at least six inches longer than mine, and running with her seems impossible right now. When I get to her house, on foot, and I am still ALIVE, that will be my first goal. then I will be working on making it round trip! Someday we will run together! this special friend, Beth, is an inspiration and mentor MOM to me, when we moved here from California in 2010. I praise God for her! 61W. Elm St. to 469 Long Lane and back! Circle of Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just so everyone knows you can get a free week at the YMCA from this Saturday to next Saturday. Next Saturday there is an open house, and you can join with no enrollment fee, which is $99 for a family membership and $75 for a single adult (by single, I mean only you would join). Family memberships are $73.6/month and adult memberships are $44.80/month. They offer financial assistance for low income households, and some workplaces and insurance providers will cover part of the cost. There are branches in Lampeter, Lancaster City and New Holland.

    I'm thinking about joining, at least for the free week, because they have an indoor pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My plan for today is to bounce on my trampoline. I like to mix it up with different exercise throughout the week. Tomorrow, I will do some zumba from youtube videos. I also like to do strength training with resistance bands and squats. No need for big time equipment!!!

    Thank you, Ladies, for commenting! I love reading what your goals and dreams are!! It is so inspiring!

    My next exercise goals are: buy a hula hoop and get my core stronger; buy a bike and ride bike with my family! I hope to accomplish these goals by summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Kathleen! I walked my first 5K in May and was happy just to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My plan for activity today is to have a snowball fight with my husband, after today it involves going to the gym. I really enjoy the gym once I'm there it's just hard to motivated myself to get there. I have a spreadsheet where I write all my gym information. Because filling in spreadsheets motivates me.. I also plan to sign up for the Color Run, because having a goal to work towards (one that I've already paid for) will keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the idea of writing what I want at Christmas 2014! :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, Kelly! Such a sweet exercise in dreaming. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for all of your comments! This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete