Saturday, January 25, 2014

67 Days | STOP IT!


I carried around a Cathy comic strip for a long time.  I wish I could find it now, but I'm sure it's yellowed from the years, because it was straight from an actual newspaper. (Remember those things?!)

Basically, Cathy was listing what she wanted...
I wanted to call Irvin, but instead I sat alone all night
I wanted to go to the mall, but instead I pet my cat
I wanted to start a journal, but instead I watched TV
I wanted to eat cake...I ATE CAKE!

I carried that comic around because it resonated with me.  So many things I wanted to do, but I found every excuse to put those things off.  Except when it came to cake!

STOP IT!

Go do the important stuff.  The stuff that really matters.  And forget the cake.

Watch the video below.  You'll laugh!  And picture this therapist in your head today if the only thing you want to give yourself permission to do it eat...


Give yourself permission to do the stuff that REALLY matters, okay?  Forget the cake!

Have a great, healthy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. A dear (honest) friend sent me that clip a couple of years ago when I was complaining about something. I did not realize that I could stop doing the thing that led to the source of my complaints. It always makes me laugh, but is pretty true. Not that mental health issues are to be laughed at when someone is suffering (I have dealt/struggle with depression, PPD and anxiety), but if we keep making choices that don't get us the results we want, we need to S-T-O-P (new word) IT! Hmmm, sounds familiar... "Stop. Challenge. Choose." Thanks for the reminder and the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny stuff! I needed that laugh! thx.

    ReplyDelete